Sunday, March 4, 2012

Finished the scrubs!

Finally. Now I can sew stuff for me. Yippee!

I mentioned in a previous post that I made a mistake cutting the fabric for one of the scrubs, I believe I managed to make my fuc booboo part of an interesting design. It has turned out to be one of my favorites. Strange how that happens. Anyway, I cut the back of the top too short. I have the pattern for scrubs on cardboard so I don't have to dig out a pattern and press it etc every time I sew a scrub top. The cardboard doesn't come long enough, so I just add 3 inches to the bottom of the front and back of each. For this top I forgot, and much cursing and foul language ensued. It finally came to me to get some plain black cotton and add a border along the bottom and the sleeved edges. It doesn't look like I fuc screwed it up, does it?

I just love how this one turned out.

And here is the completed Superman scrub.



This one is so perfect for The Husband. Left to his own devices he would eat exactly like a four year old, so this fabric is ideal, and loud. He likes that too.

This is a close up of the fabric-notice on the right side, the almost perfect pattern match on the pocket.

It is a happy print, isn't it?
Now I get to sew fun stuff for me. I think I will make The Tablecloth Skirt next. I was going to make it from taffeta, but someone fell in like with it and I gave it to her. I have since found an interesting linen and cotton blend in black and white, it was only $5 a meter, so I bought 6 meters of it. It's a lot I know, but I really like it. Anyway, wish me luck. Photos to follow.




5 comments:

  1. Well, scrubs may be old news to you but they're new to us! I love the black-banded one, and the other prints are hilarious.

    Have fun with your linen & cotton blend! Can't wait to see the skirt. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have made around 35 of these things, so you can see why sewing them is a little less than thrilling. I black bordered one is my favorite too, maybe even of all of them.

      Delete
  2. How amazingly awesome is the junk food print - I have some of this too and it's calling out to be sewn into something! I haven't decided what yet though. And thanks a million for your comment on how the different dye's react with fibres - I love these info tidbits :) I'll definitely try the Procion MX dye if I can get my hands on some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scrubs. I really like the black boarder, it kind of frames the print.

    ReplyDelete