Saturday, January 7, 2012

I adore thrift stores

and this is why. All these spools of serger thread for $13!



4 royal blue
4 green
4 purple 2 slightly different shades
4 fuchsia
8 burgundy 2 sets of 4 slightly different shades
4 red
2 dark brown
1 unopened navy blue
2 red fleecy nylon

That is 33 rolls of serger thread! Most of them are hardly used, and although I would never buy most of these colours, I will use them. Yup, I WILL.

I also got all of these for $4. I just love it when a sewing room is being cleared out. Some of these items are very old. Eatons department store (Canadian company) hasn't been around for about 20 years and I don't remember when Hudson's Bay Company (another Canadian company) sold fabric, let alone when they had their own brand of notions. All in all there are 16 rolls of seam binding, most of them have quite a bit left, and 11 unopened packages of bias tape.





Now all I have to do is get off my butt and use up some of this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment