Friday, April 25, 2014

♫ Getting to know you ♪

Heather the Featherweight has been feeling tense lately and can't bring herself to form the nice stitches that I know she is capable of producing so I had to take her to her doctor, aka sewing machine repair.

I was leaving the shop, having a glance at the used machines, like I always do, when we made eye contact. My heart skipped a beat, a Bernina! I have never seen a  used Bernina there before. I had a talk with the owner of the shop and after heming and hawing and sniveling and whining and I don't knowing, she lowered the price to one I could live with. I called The Husband and begged and told him he never had to buy me another gift (something I assume he will forget before Christmas, hi honey!) he immediately said to buy it (which reminded me why I married him).

this is Princess



and this is Princess's wardrobe



Princess is her name and she is a Bernina 1080 Special and she was born in 1992 and I love her. She came with all original everything, and 12 feet, almost everything that I use on a regular basis, thank goodness, cause those suckers cost $$$$.  I will probably buy one of those clever adapters for short shank feet for the feet that weren't included. I will keep and continue to use my old machine as it does a few things that Princess doesn't.

I was able to justify the adoption of Princess as I haven't been thrilled with the stitch quality of the old Kenmore. The tension has been a problem lately as well, sometimes it is okay, sometimes not so much at all. Servicing didn't really help. And strangely, I only noticed now that I never named her, hmm, that says something, doesn't it?

It is so much fun learning how to use a new sewing machine. I am going to have a blast for the next few weeks. I will post again once I have a whole day off to play with her.

Don't you just love new toys?

So now this song is playing in my head, and yes, I know it isn't Julie Andrews singing.

12 comments:

  1. Welcome home to your new little girl! I know the two of you are going to get along splendidly. Have fun getting to know one another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess is beautiful and your husband sounds pretty awesome too. Sounds like Princess found a good home with a happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did almost exactly the same thing after my Kenmore machine died; purchased a used Bernina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaaaaaaaaaaah that is so exciting!! i'm not jealous at all...really...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Princess seems like a great addition with a lovely wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the hub forgets all about this purchase before the holdays! Have fun with your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It reminds me of my Bernina 1130 that wandered all over the world with me and finally found a home in Minnesota when I sold it on Ebay. No one was ever able to fix the light and a girl can't sew without a light! Yours looks like brand new and you will have so much fun breaking it and you into a real sewing routine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, that is quite the machine! I love all of her goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey I’m Martin Reed,if you are ready to get a loan contact.Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com,WhatsApp:+1 989-394-3740 I’m giving credit to Le_Meridian Funding Service .They grant me the sum 2,000,000.00 Euro. within 5 working days. Le_Meridian Funding Service  is a  group investors into pure loan and debt financing at the  returns of 1.9% to pay off your bills or buy a home Or Increase your Business. please I advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of repaying back at the due time of funds.

    ReplyDelete