Saturday, November 14, 2015

update from the sewing dungeon and SWAP 2016

Hello reader(S)? Anyone?

Contrary to popular belief, I haven't died or become Amish or stopped sewing. Nope, just lost that lovin' feeling ♫ for the blog. Much sewing has been happening since I last posted. Thank goodness I didn't lose sewing mojo, just blogging  mojo. But I am back. I am not even going to attempt to catch up on blogging about things I have made since last blogged. Partially because I am old and can't remember what I have made, and partially because I don't want to.

On to the sewing. I have decided to participate in the SWAP 2016 at Artisan Square. As I work in a nursing home, I wear scrubs every.single.day. So a scrub SWAP it is. After rifling through the fabric closet of requirement, I discovered I have more than enough fabric for a scrub SWAP. The name I gave the SWAP on Artisan Square is "natural fiber scrub wardrobe", but I really wanted to call it "Nursing homes are hotter than f***ing hell and I can't wear those awful cotton polyester scrubs they sell everywhere cause they make me sweat and stink and they are f***king uncomfortable".

Perhaps a bit wordy. Anyway, my colours are black, white, and bright pink/fuchsia. The fabrics are cotton, linen and rayon. Breathable. Ahh.

And here are the fabrics.

Row 1: white embroidered cotton, tie dye print cotton voile
Row 2; black & white rayon plaid, black and white gingham stretch cotton
Row 3: black and cream polka dot cotton sateen, flowered/striped border print
Row 4: a gorgeous stretch cotton sateen ♥, green and pink polka dot border print cotton voile
Row 5: water colour printed cotton voile, embroidered pink cotton
Row 6: pink linen, and another pink linen
Row 7: pink fleece, and a photo of the three pink woven fabrics to show the differences in colour

Also, but not pictured plain white cotton and plaid black cotton, cause really, do you need a picture of plain black or white fabric? No, of course not. Some of these may not make it into the final SWAP, we shall see.


Next post. Which patterns?

4 comments:

  1. When I was little, my mother would sew up a bunch of scrub tops to sell to her coworkers (this was back when you ordered them from a magazine, and they weren't at walmart--or at least not a walmart close to us). They were very popular because they were so much more fun in horses/frogs/flowers/whathaveyou vs. the standard navy. And she worked in a nursing home as well, so I know very well what you mean when you say it's hot as hell in there! I think you've got some great choices, and since your pinterest indicates you like "funky", might I suggest Kwik Sew 3979? Also, KS3201 is in the $2 OOP clearance sale. Happy sewing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try not to sew "scrub" patterns. I have found if you put pockets on the front of almost anything it becomes a scrub.

      I do like Kwik Sew 3979, it is a ittle similar to McCalls 6473, but I may have to buy it anyway, because you know I have to own ALL the scrub patterns ever created. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

      Delete
  2. I am so looking forward to seeing your SWAP as it proceeds. I am in the midst of marathon yoga pant sewing. B o r I n g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by! You have my sympathy for marathon sewing, it can be so hard to push through it. Good luck!

      Delete