Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Snow dyeing Part Two-the reveal

Some of you that have a blog will understand how some posts almost write themselves (like yesterdays rant) and other posts are like trying to do your own dental work without training or anesthetic. Painful and slow and bloody. This is a dental work post. There I said it.  I have written and rewritten and rewritten this, it ain't happening. So, without further ado or explanations, here is the reveal.

Even the photos suck on this post.

That's just the way it is sometimes.

I do like the results though.


my favourite-reminds me of Monet's water lily paintings

The Husband says if you squint and use your imagination (and take hallucinogens IMO) this one
looks like Bill The Cat 




sheet-will probably become pj bottoms

close up of previous sheet

another sheet-this one I folded a little-don't love the effect

close up of sheet
If anyone wants to know anything about these t-shirts and sheets, either leave a comment or email me. The well is dry. can't write more...........




12 comments:

  1. WOW! They are so exciting and colorful! Who needs drugs? Thank you for pulling teeth to make this post...now you can relax with your favorite drink and I will leave you alone....

    ReplyDelete
  2. how neat is that! this would of been neat to do with the grand kids last week when it snowed lol! would it work with very fine crushed ice? can't wait to see how your pj's turn out lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely ice would work instead of snow, crushed or cubed whatever you got. I``m going to write a post today with some details about the process.

      Delete
  3. How fabulous are these! Your favourite is my favourite too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are all gorgeous. I'm coveting that second tee pretty hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, unfortunately it will be impossible to duplicate the result, I have tried already. Didn't even get close. Alas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Wow!! I love the results too! It really does look like wearable art, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see both the water lilies and Bill the Cat. Maybe that's a hint that my half cup of coffee was perhaps more than I needed. That sheet would make fun pj's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So later that night, Bill the Cat came up a second time. My husband uses the name DeathTongue in a number of online places and someone on the Critter Room chat clued it that it's a Bloom County reference too. I can't think of a day where I ended up talking about Bloom County twice in one day.

      Delete