My first sewn garments of 2014 were not for me. I know, shocking. I wasn't even guilted or manipulated into selfless sewing. Sainted, I am or I should be. I believe the paper work is on it's way to the Vatican. I can hear some of you mumbling "get on with it will ya". Shut up and be patient.
I made more scrubs for The Husband. Three of them. I used my standard Simplicity 2769, now OOP. I;m not sure how many times I have made this pattern, but I believe it is around 20 times. I have transferred the pattern to thin cardboard and have the pattern hanging from a nail in the sewing dungeon. Easier and faster than unfolding tissue and pressing and trying not to tear it to pieces. I do this for all patterns I sew on a regular basis. Sorbetto, for example.
And without further ado, here they are.
|This one is made from a poly cotton sheet, very heavily on the poly, the fabric is very thin and won't last very long. More pattern matching on the pocket.|
you can see the pocket sewn into the side seam.
Stashbusting down 2 meters of quilting cotton and 2 sheets. It's a start.