Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Canada Day! The winners are...........................

Canadian Flag Cake
Image shamelessly stolen from http://www.dltk-kids.com/canada/flag-cake.htm



I love my sewing books, I really do. I will go to The Sewing Dungeon pick out a bunch and will read through them for a week or so. Some you like more than others. I know, I am a master of the obvious. There is a point to this. I have spent this last week looking at and trying to read Bridal Couture, and I don't get it. I mean I do get it, but  it isn't possible to care less than I do about ever sewing a wedding dress or a couture quality evening gown.

The point to this is, if you are one of the eight people who commented and want this book, your odds of getting it just increased. It is a waste for me to keep a copy that I don't enjoy so I am giving away both of my copies. The worship of me can now commence.

Drum roll. The winners, chosen by Karma. Also known as Karmageddon and possibly Jasper if he can be bothered. Each name is written on paper, rolled up into a roughly spherical shape and tossed on the floor. Which one (if any) will they choose?

My camera died, or more accurately the battery did. Sigh. So no incredibly precious photographs of little dogs with small pieces of paper playing keep away from an disheveled woman in her Obi Wan Kenobi bathrobe. You will just have to take my word for it, they were adorable.

The winners are:











Wait for it.











The Muslinette







and












Tanit-Isis.


Both winners are Canadian! No this isn't rigged. No, there won't be a recount 8-). I really wish I had more Bridal Couture copies to give away so you could all have one. Ms Muslinette and Tanit-Isis please get in touch with me and I will get this on its way to you.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day. That cake looks wonderful. Wish I was ambitious enough to make pretty cakes and cookies. Mine taste great but they'll never appear in a magazine.

    I love to read thru my craft books too. Maybe one of these days I'll actually make something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! WOOHOO! I am having a totally lazy, satisfying Canada day sitting at home with the hubs playing video games and reading blogs---this totally just knocked it out of the ballpark. SAWEEEEEET!!!!1!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so grateful!! OMG! No idea how I'll manage to match this in my own giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww - lucky ladies! Thanks for giving the chance to win one though - I still will worship you anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete