Monday, June 17, 2013

Pepto Pink Pyjama Party

I love making clothes to lounge about the house in, L♥VE I tell you. I don't know if it is because the pressure is off, if I am making things only my family will see, I don't feel the need to be as perfect. Possibly. Then again, I live a fairly dull life, (I'm not complaining, if I wanted excitement I would go get me some), and I wear casual/lounge clothes more than almost anything else. A combination of the two perhaps. Let's go with that.

After my recent make of Loes Hinse Cruise Pants (cropped version), I thought they would also make perfect pajamas (notice how I am demonstrating my cleverness in using both spelling of PJ's, oh wait a third version too, goodness, I am gifted).  They are easy, fast and fit like a dream. Exactly what one wants in lounge wear.

So I went stash shopping in the fabric closet of requirement and found Pepto Pink Linen! Why was Pepto Pink Linen in my stash I asked myself? Myself had no idea. You see, I don't wear light pink. Ever. Even as a child. So why on earth did I buy it? It must have been cheap. I washed and dried the fabric three times in hot water and put it in the dryer before cutting. It made such a difference to the feel, it's like a completely different fabric. Much improved, not as crisp and wrinkly, and I am not likely to iron these.

 
I love them. Worn together they have the look of hospital scrubs, not exactly what I was going for, so I tend not to wear them together, I don't sleep in bottoms any way, they are too warm for me, so I sleep in the top and wear the bottoms with a t-shirt.  The top is OOP Vogue 2148 and as mentioned above the bottoms are Loes Hinse Cruise Pants. Win.


I feel I need to explain/apologise for the lack of photos of me wearing garments. I really hate having my photo taken, even if I am the one doing it. I am trying hard to get over it and I promise I or at least my body will make an appearance soon. Bear with me.

11 comments:

  1. What a great stash busting project - how funny that you have no clue why you might have pink linen! I think self sewn loungewear is awesome because you get to wear it a lot.

    I think people started spelling pj's with a "y" around the same time they started thinking it was ok to wear 'em out of the house. It's rather closed-minded of me, but I reject both notions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently pyjamas is the British way, pajamas is the American way, and us Canadians are confused and use both.

      http://grammarist.com/spelling/pajamas-pyjamas/

      You are right, it is NEVER okay to wear them outside the house, unless of course you are hospitalized.

      Delete
  2. I love going thru my stash now and then. I usually find something I don't remember buying and wonder what I could have been thinking at the time. Works with yarn, too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I don't knit or crochet. I don't want to start accumulating yarn now too.

      Delete
  3. I've always spelled it pyjamas, and generally stick to British spelling, but lately I've gotten confused on American spellings. I blame reading far too many bad American (and Canadian, I'm sad to say) "news" articles. And also facebook, because I like to blame it for things!

    Your pj's (:D) are cute though, even if they are a colour you're not partial to. Must be nice and cool on those hot and humid summer nights, eh?

    If you're not comfortable posting pics of yourself, don't feel like you have to "get over it". It's your blog and you can do what you want to! Plus those are some mighty pretty hangers you have there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facebook is to blame for everything.

    We don't get humid here in the summers, really it's quite dry, thank goodness, I get really whiny and annoying when it's humid. Really really whiny.

    Thank you for noticing the hangers, I collect vintage hotel and advertising hangers, don't have a lot, but I like em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take pictures whenever you want to. I am always amused by your writing, with our without pictures of you.

    The pj's look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes you wonder doesn't it, why we buy some of the fabrics we find in our stashes. Either way you put the pink linen to great use. Your pj's look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute pj's!there's nothing better than cozy pj's, I'm not a pink person either but tend to lean towards pink at times lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cozy and cute-wonderful casual lounging clothes. We have gone from sunny and warm to the 60s...I want some thermals right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bahahaha! As a fellow confused Canuckistanian, I opt with the British spellings wherever I can remember the difference (notable exceptions being tyre and kerb)... but pyjamas will always be pyjamas to me. :)

    I must admit, I would wear my pink lounge suit from last year a lot more if it were, um, not so pink. I actually have black dye purchased, just waiting for me to get around to it. But, I have me some hangups. I can't relax if I don't like how I look.

    So speaking of hangups... I totally respect the camera-shy one; my husband feels similarly. But I just wanted to say, I'd love to see your clothes ON you, headless or not. Clothes just have more life on a body. But again, your blog, your choice. :)

    ReplyDelete