Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jungle Janvier la deuxième partie


Or in English, Jungle January Part Two. We do have two official languages here in Canada, so for a change I thought I would use a little (OK very little) French. I wanted to show I have? am? cultured. Do not snort your diet pepsi out your nose now. Be nice.

Oh, yes, once again I am shamelessly using some of my adorable dogs to get me more attention.
once again 100% polyester
When darling Anne announced Jungle January and demanded invited all of us to play along, I went along to the evil Fabricland to use my membership card for the last time. I found that it was strangely difficult for me to buy animal print. This demonstrated to me that clearly I need to get out more, a lot more, and maybe even get a life. So with my trusty membership card in hand I took advantage of a "buy one meter get two free" sale, and bought 1 1/2 meters of the previously sewn print and 1 1/2 meters of this print. It was originally $15 a meter and so I paid $15 for three meters of fabric. This is one of the things that bugs me about Fabricland and their stupid sales, I know I didn't get two meters of fabric free, I paid what amounts to $5 a meter for it.  Another reason that I am not renewing my membership. It just bugs the crap out of me.

Karma channelling her inner movie star, darling isn't she?


So anyway, in short I had two pieces of fabric to play with in Jungle January. Seeing as how they were both knits and I pretty much live in t-shirts, two t-shirts were the obvious choice.

So this incarnation is Simplicity 4076, the darling of Pattern Review, 205 reviews, most of them positive. How could I lose? Always one to be difficult different, I don't love this pattern. This is okay. That's right, just okay. I made View C, the neckline is nice, I don't care too much for the gathering and I HATE the bell sleeves, I mean really really hate, how can one function with them? They are stupid and should be outlawed. It was also too short, yes I know that is my own fault, but shut up. I hacked off the sleeves and serged a band along the bottom, ala Renfrew. Now it is wearable. I will never make this pattern again, but I will wear this top. So, a somewhat successful make. Maybe.


Jasper in his muscle man t-shirt and me in my new one, not much to see here,
it is just a t-shirt. 


11 comments:

  1. Oh Karma and Jaspar! My pups do not need to see this- the jealousy- it will be wounding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasper was really not pleased with being photographed, he doesn't mind wearing clothes, but he doesn't like the camera at all. Poor little muffin.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I wonder if I make one of those for Zelda if it will act like a magnet for her hair - instead of everything else being covered in her hair!

    Your pups look so cute, and I am glad you have a wearable T in a cute print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, my Barney spreads his hair all over the house, at least Zelda is light coloured, Barney is black. It shows on everything.

      Delete
  3. Looks like someone is channeling her inner cougar. I'm just sayin'. Both of your new tops are made with nice looking prints and I'm glad you stepped out of your comfort zone to purchase the fabrics. Too bad this pattern wasn't destined to be a TNT for you. This top looks very good, despite your issues with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next one is the Connie Crawford Butterick pattern, with the neckline lowered (I learned something!) and NOT in an animal print.

      Delete
  4. One thing I've learned from your post - if you must dress your animal, use an animal print! 4 woofs for adorableness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to get the other dogs in the next photo shoot, they are feeling left over, and Barney loves fabric. Seriously.

      Delete
  5. Nice print! And I love how you have a comfy tee for you and Jasper! -L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interestingly, I've sorted this pattern into my "giveaway" pile. (I plan to do a few this year.)I bought it before I liberated myself from cake. It's been so popular but I just think I will never sew it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww! LOVE how you all matchy match to perfection.
    Thank you so much for the supportive comment Elle, you rock :)

    ReplyDelete