Thursday, November 8, 2012

I love Vogue patterns, I hate Vogue patterns

Last month Vogue had a sale on their patterns for $3.99, a good deal, right? Nice people those Vogue folks, helping us obsessive compulsive out of control pattern hoarders buy every pattern in our category of choice, and we get to feel virtuous doing it too, cause like you know we saved money. The last sale they had, I even enabled someone from another country, I ordered them and had them shipped here, then I will forward them on. Aren't I an evil enabler  a nice person. Of course because I was buying some already, it only made sense to toss a couple in the basket for me too. It only seemed right.

Today, somehow my mojo came out of the dark place it has been hiding for months (thanks Shams, your last post did the trick!), the mojo doesn't know what it wants to make so instead of going downstairs to the sewing dungeon to get the patterns to take upstairs to the fabric closet of requirement, I decided to go to the BMV website where I found this:


When I say my heart sank, I am really not joking. This means endless hours this weekend on my laptop, checking the website against my spreadsheet on my computer, wondering if I really need that Claire Schaeffer pattern, or the Koos, or the (insert name and or number here). The mojo is worried that sewing won't be done this weekend because I will be obsessing about the pattern sale. Of course if I put it off until next week all the sizes and patterns will be gone. Oh gawd. A lost weekend looms.

This is why I love Vogue patterns and I hate Vogue patterns.

11 comments:

  1. I love/hate them too! I bought some pants... Well, a pattern for pants. But I already have fabric for them. So it is sort of like just buying pants. Kinda. You know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exactly like buying pants. Exactly.

      Delete
  2. Oh I totally fell off the no-buy wagon with this one! I can't wait to embarrass the nieces with the headline 'Childless pattern hoarder dies under Vogue avalanche, fleshiest bits eaten by thankless dachsunds'.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just figured out if I completed one garment from each pattern I have, it would take me four years. Seeing as that isn't likely to happen, I should probably stop buying them (insert snort of derision here). Yeah that'll happen.

      Delete
  3. This is why I try to stick to thrift store patterns---I get so stressed out if I have the whole current catalogue to deal with. Though I did enable my SIL in buying her first several patterns at the Simplicity sale last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enabling is almost as good as buying, isn't it? And cheaper.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, I get it. I'm not a big pattern collector, but I have a hard time saying no to fabric if it is in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a problem with fabric AND patterns. sigh

      Delete
    2. Fabric, patterns, notions, trim... I am an equal opportunity hoarder. Oh, and I learned to knit last weekend.

      I'm right there with you with Vogue.

      Delete
  5. You are, indeed, a nice enabler. Should I let the fact that I own (but have not made up) a bunch of the sale patterns stop me from buying more?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I KNOW what you mean. But seriously, there is a Vogue sale??? HAVE to check it out, pronto..... :D

    ReplyDelete