Thursday, July 5, 2012

Something I made a long time ago

Earlier this year a blogger (can't remember who it was) posted about having a bought a bunch of lace, and they were wondering what they were going to do with it. I mentioned that I had made something with lace, sort of a sampler. I couldn't find them to take a photo to show them. After suffering from ennui earlier this week, I finally got off my shrinking butt and started to clean up the sewing dungeon. Think of it as an archaeological excavation and you get a clue how bad it was. Almost at the end, I found them. So without further ado, here they are.


These are all pieces I picked up here and there. They are on acid free matt board and they are attached with teeny tiny dots of acid free white glue. They are around 20 years old and there is no signs of the lace degrading, so the acid free crap high quality products I used seemed to have done their job. The frames are vintage, retouched with Rub'nBuff gold colour.  Nice for a sewing room/studio/bordello/dungeon, don't you think?

11 comments:

  1. Oh! Now I see what you mean!  They're lovely.

    And I think it was Tanit-Isis's post, and then I went and got inspired by your suggestion.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Uh sorry, I don't understand your commenting field.  It's not allowing me to comment under my google profile. This is Heather from Sewing on Pins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea! I have some old lace inherited from my grandmother, which I love but don't know what to do with. Maybe I should try framing them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, they would look great hanging in your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!  The small, square pieces are insets, right?  I'm trying to figure out what they would have been used for...  I can do filet crochet but have not tried to make my own inset pieces as the thread kills my hands.  I really should try it though because I have some skull patterns.  Hmm.  

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was starting to attract spam comments, so I signed up for disqus, and presto chango no more spam. It doesn't even show up anywhere. Love it. I have noticed more bloggers using disqus, if you sign up, your name can show up however you want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was you, but wasn't sure. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skull pattern for filet crochet? Of course you have a pattern for that. 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just be sure to use acid free matt board and glue, or they will eventually degrade.

    ReplyDelete
  10.  Ah, I see now. Sorry you were dealing with that kind of crap.  :(

    ReplyDelete
  11.  Good!  I just babbled at you on my Yukon post, so go check out details of Whitehorse there.  I'm really happy here so far, although I am a little sad to be away from family and friends back home.  It's easy to fall in love with this place, though.  :)

    ReplyDelete