Saturday, May 5, 2012

Oops I did it again. Damn.

Have you ever wondered if we exist just for the amusement of some higher power (or God/Goddess if you wish)?

Do you remember me saying two posts back that I was going on a shopping diet (never mind the food diet that I am failing miserably on)? You don't remember, well I did.  The very next day I bought a shitload bunch of fabric and a several piles of books. I was good for one day.

ONE FRIGGING DAY.

Today I am driving home from work, feeling quite smug about my decision NOT to go back to the book sale and buy a pile of more books, because as you know I am on a shopping diet. What do I see out of the corner of my eye? Garage Sale. Oh, I say to myself, it is only a couple of blocks from home, what can it hurt? Side bar, I live in a fairly well to do neighborhood (I am not, but the neighbors are) usually they have  a ton of stuff for kids or nothing I want or can afford

I of course, had to find the one garage sale in my town that had fabric. Yup. Fabric. For about $1 a meter. It was and still is, quilting cotton, but thanks to the evil Karen and her equally evil Pyjama Party, I now recognize the potential goodness of quilting cottons for pyjamas. And cute Sorbettos to go with the bottoms. Lots and lots and lots of Sorbettos and pyjama bottoms. Dear readers. I bought it all. 20 meters of fabric give or take a meter or two.

Wanna see? Of course you do.
Aren't all the colours pretty? I especially like the pale pink print, I am seeing  an entire sleepwear wardrobe, from it
Sorbetto night shirt, long PJ bottoms, short pj bottoms, Sorbetto top and a dressing gown. Maybe a head wrap too.

By the way, does anyone out there know of a way to block The Husband from reading this? I am thinking (seriously) of only having this post up for a day and then hiding it for a while. Oh well.

9 comments:

  1. LMAO!!!! You are DOOOMED, lady. Also insanely lucky---I have never yet found fabric at a garage sale. Of course, no one here is having garage sales yet---we just got some more snow. Whee.

    My only saving grace is that my husband's hobbies are all more expensive than mine... which really doesn't save the pocketook any...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to be living back in BC, after 10 years in the Yukon and a couple in Saskatchewan I really really appreciate the shorter milder winters. Really appreciate.

      Delete
  2. Nag him to read your blog and he'll never look at it again! Just in case, make him a pair of pajamas. Or give him a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loves reading my blog, damn him (kidding). One of the fabrics may work for a scrub for him, and the seersucker in the previous post would make nice jammies. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I think I just scared my neighbours from laughing! :D Taran's right, you're doomed.

    I love Love LOVE that pale blue floral in the middle. I'd give it a good home if you get into too much trouble about the fabric!

    But really that's a steal of a deal, and he shouldn't expect you to pass that up, seriously. Tell him that the Online Sewing Community agrees. OUT NUMBERED 200 000* to 1. :D

    *number totally pulled out of my you-know-what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elle, great haul. You saved a whole lot of $$$ buying fabric at that price. Your hubby must be so grateful of your thriftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Don't you love how one purchase somehow seems to lead down the path of darkness to mountain of fabric? Actually I think these would make some awfully cute PJs! It makes me realize that I really need PJs... but I am committed to sewing other things right now. Which I should get back to actually working on.

    Anyway, you got a totally great bargain and you can always tell the husband that if he wants to question your fabric purchases then he could just go spend ten times that buying you PJs from the store that won't be anywhere near as cute... And bribe him with stuff that you sew. For some reason that seems to work well. I mean, I don't know how well it works on husbands, but on siblings it works really well, so I just assume the effectiveness is transferable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too too funny. Well we all have those days where we eat and spend too much. We regret our decision later on but it's totally worth it and I refuse to regret it because of this. So as long as it was worth it, don't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would make me fall off the wagon too. Nice haul.

    ReplyDelete