Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Liebster Award! The Sunshine Award!



I was given the Sunshine Award and the Liebster award recently by Bundana  and Heather also gave me The Liebster Award. I am certain however, that Heather is just trying to get a particular piece of fabric from me. I can be bribed people. Awards work, as does cash, sewing books I don't already own, or Burda magazines and horsehair braid, (not that I have a need for it, I just want some) which I can't find locally. Just saying.

The Sunshine Award 




The Sunshine Award I have already received, but I have no idea how to put the picture on my blog page. To be honest I haven`t tried, I expected the first time I was given the award to be a one off and it would never happen again so it wouldn't matter.

Edited May 17 3:55
The first time I received The Sunshine Award I nominated the required/suggested 5 people and somehow it doesn't seem right to nominate another 5, but a couple of the people I gave the award to the last time didn't play (no criticism implied), and KC has asked for a trade, she already has The Liebster Award, but not the Sunshine Award. 


So without Further Ado! I hereby bestow The Sunshine Award upon :


KC  from The Sewcratic Method. I suspect we are twins separated at birth. With one exception she knits. Well too. I only knit simple things badly.  In her last post everything she sewed, I had sewed or it was on my list.  If we are as I suspect, twins, I had to nominate her, we are family after all.

Thank you very much Bundana and Heather, it is really lovely to feel valued. Really. No sarcasm at all. I know, it's unusual.

Here are my answers to the Sunshine Award questions.

Favourite Animal: Dogs. Always dogs. We live with four of them and often take care of friends dogs when they go away.

Favourite Number: 3. That is my name in numerology.

Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Can't have just one. Earl Grey Tea, French Roast Coffee and Pepsi.

Facebook or Twitter: Neither, Pinterest. I find Facebook sometimes a little too much like being in High School. No offense intended to anyone.

My Passion: Dogs, reading and sewing.

Getting or Giving Presents: Giving. There is no better feeling than when you find the perfect gift for someone and they love it.

Favourite Pattern: The last one I looked at. Usually a Marcy Tilton pattern.

Favourite Day of the Week: .A day that my husband and I have off together, there aren't many of these.

Favourite Flower: Old Fashioned Pink Roses, but they have to be fragrant. Lavender is my second favorite.

Favourite celebrity role model:  Katherine Hepburn. She was stylish, smart and lived her life exactly the way she chose. Love her.

The Liebster Award 





If you receive the award, you should: 


1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you. 


2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog. 


3. Copy and paste the award on your blog. 


4. Hope that the people you've sent the award to forward it to their five favourite bloggers and keep it going!


My picks for the Liebster Award are:

Dixie  from Needle and Brush. She sews like a dream, loves Marcy Tilton patterns as much as I do, but she actually sews them instead of just fondling them like me. She also works at Sawyer Brook , so she knows her fabrics. She is also the only person I know of besides me who has a copy of Heart Steps, by Julia Cameron. I love that book.

Andrea from Satin Bird Designs. She is in the midst of a fitting challenge right now and I am enjoying watching her suffer progress. She lives in Florida and delights in torturing me with photographs of beaches near her home. I will get her back this summer with photographs of fruit that doesn't grow in Florida, at least I think I will.

Steph from 3 Hours Past the Edge of the World. I am pretty sure she has more than 200 followers, but I am giving her the award anyway. She is an amazing and generous sewist, her video on using a binding foot helped me tremendously. I learn something from her with every post.

Mary Nanna from Make It Smirk. She always make me smirk when I read her blog. I fully expect she won't have the time to forward this award on, as these days she seems to be confined to the kitchen. I always enjoy reading about her latest creations and her fitting issues.

That's all folks. Thank you again Heather and Bundana. Heather, could you email me at the e-address above? Thanks.

PS-does anyone have an idea how to get the award thingys on my blog?

12 comments:

  1. Congrats for the awards and thanks for introducing some new bloggers to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, Earl grey tea. Lady Grey is quite nice too.
    Congratulations on the awards, they are well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tired Lavender Grey? I am still on the fence about it. And thank you.

      Delete
  3. Yay - congrats on awards, you deserve them!

    As for "getting the award thingys" on the blog - I assume you want them permanently displayed in the sidebar so all who visit will know of your awesomeness? To do this on Blogger you do the following:

    Go to "Design" link at the top of the page -> "Layout" link on the left side of the design page -> "Add a Gadget" to your layout on the sidebar, and choose to add "Picture." You will probably need to put the url of the photo in because it can't handle very large images, but that should be ok because you already have the pictures in your blog post. You can just right click on those to get the url to put into the gadget thingy. Then they should show up on the blog permanently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for helping me show everyone my awesomeness. That is hard to write without breaking into hysterics. It was so easy, that now I feel like an idiot, but that is okay, I am accustomed to the feeling. 8-D

      Thank you for the support.

      Delete
  4. congratulations on the award. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the awards! I'll keep the fact that you can be bribed in mind. I wasn't planning that, but it's good to know now! You probably shouldn't be revealing your weaknesses. lol

    Off to check out these bloggers now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sassy T, Madalynne and Heather, thanks for the support, as we all know it is lovely to get comments and awards.

    As I was typing the above I realized I hadn't notified the bloggers I gave the awards to yet. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am honored. And honoured. But perhaps a tiny bit ungrateful: can I swap my Liebster Award, which I have, for a Sunshine Award, which I don't? I'm probably not cheerful enough for the Sunshine award but if you give it to me I promise to try to smile in my pictures--or, at least, make funny faces--once in a while.
    Thanks. :) <--- me smiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling is overated. I was told once I looked grumpy, I told them I often looked it, but seldom was. My smiles are internal. 8-D oops

      Delete
  8. I, too, am honored. You made me blush with all of that praise. I'm not much of an awards kind of gal, but I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read your comment about cutting against the grain on Dib's blog. Can you tell us what issue of Thread's magazine the information is found in?

    ReplyDelete