Friday, April 20, 2012

Score! not Goal. Score!

I really wanted to join the Pyjama Party that Karen is hosting, but I didn't want to use the fabric I had (of course, duh), I wanted seersucker like some of the cool people are using. Of course, my local poor excuse for a fabric store had no cotton seersucker, polycrap only. So today, I was out and about wandering about my fair city and I decided to drop in Value Village, not expecting them to have anything, because, well you know if you expect them to have anything they never do, and if you go with no purpose in mind they will have something. I think that may be the longest sentence ever. Whatever. The open mind game worked. They had this.
Yes. They had a piece of cotton seersucker!
I just about sh!t. Ask and the universe provides, or in my case, whine and snivel and be annoying and the universe provides, if only just to shut you up. I may be a tad short of fabric so I may have to add a cuff at the bottom for length. Needless to say I am thrilled. I will be doing my first sew along, I am late in starting, but I am certain I can catch up.

They also had this. It is a knit. You all know what I do with knits. I make panties, which I promised a while back not to post about, so I won't. It is a small piece so I couldn't do much with it anyway.

More underwear coming. 
Now I just have to figure out how to put the Pyjama Party badge on my blog. I bet that will be fun and no cursing or swearing will be involved.

Have a good weekend.

12 comments:

  1. I love that seersucker! It's so cheerful. How can you not be happy in such happy fabric?
    I don't mind panty posts, not at all. That knit likes it will make for comfy undies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have two pieces of fabric put aside for pj's, and I'm itching for more shorts. AND I have a tnt pattern for pj shorts all ready to go, too, but I'm already in a contest at PR that I'm way behind in and I don't need the distraction!! lol

    I love the searsucker, what a great find! You said it might be a bit short though. What about making capris-length pj's? It is nearly summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did it not occur to me that capris would probably be better anyway? Where I live it does tend to get pretty damned hot in the summer, so capris it is,

      Delete
  3. Ooooh - that seersucker is amazing! All the seersucker I see tends to be white, or baby blue or baby pink, so I never get any. But this bright stuff is amazing. I am sure you will never want to get out of your PJs again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. omigosh, your seersucker is adorable! Haha, yes, *don't* seek and you will find... so true! Love those cheery raspberry colours. And slightly short legs is perfect for summer pj's :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty fabrics. The stripe knit will make cute panties. I want to do the pajama party and am late also, but better late than never. Gotta do that badge thing also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you do, when you go to the page with instructions, read further down because there is a mistake in the code and you have to change a couple of things to make it work. Some lovely woman named Laura has given instructions for those of us who are HTML challenged.

      Delete
  6. I play the same game of Not Expecting Things. Works most of the time! The fabric is gorgeous, and I think capris would be lovely for summer. Happy Pajama Sewing!

    Oh, and I like seeing your undies. That came out weird...I mean, I like when you show pics on the blog because it gives me ideas for making my own (I really, really should as I can not get a good fit in store bought).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, just for you and Seraphinalina I will post some pics of panties soon.

      Delete
  7. I want to start a movement to only call it 'seersucka' and make it more street. That way you can intimidate with it. Whats that you're wearing? SEERSUCKA! Try it- it's fun. Ok, I really like your fabric.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just slay me. Yeah I have so much street cred now, a middle aged overweight white woman with too many dogs and a growing fabric stash. I am so down with the cool kids. SEERSUCKA. I like it. You're right it is fun. SEERSUCKA!

      Delete