|a photo from last summer|
I feel the need to ramble and rant a little today. No sewing happening here, fighting a cold and an infected hang nail, ugh.
1. It bugs me when people write a post with LOL at the end of every sentence. If something you wrote is funny, I don't need to be told.
2. It bugs me that there are sewing bloggers out there with a large number of followers and you never ever see them commenting on other sewing blogs, so I have stopped reading their blogs. Does this bug you too?
3. I feel like the only person that doesn't want to sew or wear vintage clothing. I appreciate the beauty of them, but they feel a bit costume-y on me. I suspect this may be an age related thing.
4. We are finally experiencing something resembling Spring! It seems like we had a really long winter.
5. I just joined a gym. This is huge. Seriously. Huge. I have never joined a gym before. The place is a all in one kind of place, there is a 50 meter lap pool, three water slides, a Flowrider (you can learn to surf on this thing), a wave pool, a 12000 square foot strength and cardio center. I have been swimming badly for 5 out of the last 7 days, my plan is to get used to the water and swimming and in a month start weight training. I have noticed my stress level and depression is/are waaaay down. Awesome.
6. I read blogs on Bloglovin', love it, it is so easy to keep up with all of them. Too many of them. I just updated the blogs I follow so as to make sure that I am following everyone who is following me. See #2 above. I think I had missed only one.
7. I know Sunday it is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, but enough already with the TV documentaries or docudramas, whatever. Stop.
8. I have to get a new job and I will need clothes, so I am trying to come up with a SWAP. I have almost no clothes for a business environment. I find it so much easier to buy a workable wardrobe, for some reason I tend to sew randomly, making a bunch of unrelated stuff, none of which works together. I am finding this really difficult.
9. Do you think it is bad manners not to comment on comments made on your blog?
10. When the fack will Fabricland have their annual pattern sale, there are some Vogue's I need desperately. As well as some McCalls and Simplicitys. I wish I lived closer to the US border so I could make a short trip to a Joann's to stock up during their more frequent sales.
Not quite a rant. But close enough. That's all folks.