Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunshine Award!

Carolyn, who has to be one of the best sewists and bloggers ever, just gave me an award!

I am completely blown away, I have been blogging for what feels like 5 minutes, and I get an award! Thank you very much Carolyn, I feel very honoured by this. I know it isn't like it is an Academy Award or anything, but still. When I started my blog, I really didn't think anyone would ever read it, it still surprises me that I have followers! I just started it to motivate me to sew more, and it has worked.

Anyway, on to the questions.

Barney
Favourite Colour: Fuchsia
Max

Favourite Animal: Dogs. Always dogs. We live with four of them and often take care of friends dogs when they go away.
Jasper
Ricky, father of Jasper



Favourite Number: 3. That is my name in numerology.

Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Can't have just one. Earl Grey Tea, French Roast Coffee and Pepsi.

Facebook or Twitter: Neither, Pinterest. I find Facebook sometimes a little too much like being in High School. No offense intended to anyone.

My Passion: Dogs, reading and sewing.


Getting or Giving Presents: Giving. There is no better feeling than when you find the perfect gift for someone and they love it.

Favourite Pattern: The last one I looked at. Usually a Marcy Tilton pattern.



Favourite Day of the Week: .A day that my husband and I have off together, there aren't many of these.



Favourite Flower: Old Fashioned Pink Roses, but they have to be fragrant. Lavender is my second favorite.

Favourite celebrity role model:  Katherine Hepburn. She was stylish, smart and lived her life exactly the way she chose. Love her.






My nominees for a Sunshine Award. 

These are the bloggers who I most look forward to hearing from (except of course Carolyn). I would nominate Shams from Communing with Fabric, but she doesn't accept awards. I think she is incredibly talented and everything she sews and writes is inspiring.

Tanit-Isis Sews. I love her even though she makes me feel inadequate. She sews like a dream, has two kids and is working on (I believe) her doctorate. She is also gorgeous and thin. For that alone I should hate her.

Seraphinalina-I love reading about her life. She is inspiring.

Lazysubculturalgirl-She is one of the few people I know who watches the same strange TV shows I do, like Lost Girl, Grimm, and Being Human. She also sews and has purple hair.

Jillybejoyful- Her blog always makes me feel happy and at peace. Her Koos coat is beautiful and amazing.

Beangirl the blog-her random posts just slay me. She is funny funny funny. The only problem with her blog is she doesn't post enough.

Pretty Grievances-I think Anne is the funniest woman I know. She also sews and has dogs. So really that means she is perfect. We may have been separated at birth. Except I am older, and in a different country, and not as funny.

A Fool for Fabric, Margy has the most incredible style ever. I put her travel wardrobe on my Pinterest page as inspiration. One of her jackets was in Marcy Tilton's fashion show at Puyallup! Deservedly so, it is stunning.



9 comments:

  1. Oh how cool is this!!! I get to talk about me- what a wonderful award!! Thank you- I seem to be thanking you alot- and so deservedly. By the by- Sean wants to know if you like mini-golf.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I am of Scottish descent, no I don't like golf, scotch or curling. Kilts are good though. You are so welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thank you! I'm so glad you started your blog---they are weirdly motivating, aren't they?

    Also, I watch Lost Girl, Grimm, and Being Human too, you know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOPS. But you don't have purple hair.

      Delete
    2. No, sadly. I did have a blue streak for a couple of years, but it wound up being too high maintenance...

      Delete
  4. Awww, thanks! What a lovely surprise. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the honor, sweetie!

    I've been utterly occupied elsewhere these past few weeks, & sewing & blogging is taking a back seat, but I'll revisit this delightful award as soon as I feel a bit more caught up.

    In the meantime, Thank You for thinking of me ... I'm all a-grinnin' here :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your answers were fabulous!
    Thanks for the quality control reminder, I wrote my post when I was feeling a tad sluggish myself :) I've fixed it up now, hopefully it is a little less clunky

    ReplyDelete